electrical trouble

I have a trouble code that says that the Generator field no switching proderly. The manual says to check the generatorfield control circuit. Does any one know what this means and how I can fix it?

Reply to
gixxer05

I'm not sure. My crystal ball is getting fuzzy and is not giving me a clear picture as to the make, model, or year of the vehicle in question. Perhaps you could help me out.

Reply to
TBone

PCM is unable to regulate generator field current.

Check for 12 volts to alternator field. Check for open field in alternator; connections, brushes, alternator field winding continuity. Check wiring between alternator field and PCM. Possible bad PCM.

Reply to
shafferf_at