error code PO442

Good morning folks. I have an error code PO442 on my 02 Dakota. I have installed a new MOPAR gas cap with no improvement. Is there anywhere on the net that I can find a diagram of the evap. emission system so that I can further troubleshoot? Also, how can I reset the codes to make troubleshooting quicker? TY in advance for any help offered.

Reply to
mowingy

Along with my 04 H.O CTD I also have a 2002 2500 QC LB 4X4 5.9 gas engine that was my fathers because he passed away in August. I am getting the same code. I too changed the gas cap... It still triggers the code. The only way you can erase it is to unhook the battery or you need a scan tool. Let me know if you figure out what the problem is. One thing I did consider was, with the high price of gas my niehbor kid doesnt have a job but he is always driving around in his truck. I think that trick from the 70's is back. Stealing gas and forgetting to tighten the gas cap all the way. Just a thought.

Reply to
Sledneck

Suddenly, without warning, Sledneck exclaimed (06-Oct-05 2:22 AM):

I have the same problem, but it's highly unlikely anyone's stealing gas from my truck. My code changed from this to a different one, which I don't quite remember but means "it's worse now" (p0455?). I suspect, since I *never* hear that vaccum sound when I take my new gas cap off, that the vaccum pump is kaput. Doesn't seem to be a lot of rust on the

- receiver? - but I need to have another look.

jmc

Reply to
jmc

Reply to