G238 Transmission woes

So I have a 2006 Dakota 4x4 and on the way home from a Xmas party Saturday night, my designated driver says 'hmm, it won't stay in 6th gear' And she was right, first either. I thought it was the clutch but have now found out that it's def the transmission. We've taken it out and apart and it got so hot that parts of it have welded together. To make matters worse this transmission is completely un-findable in all 50 states, even Chrysler doesn't stock em. Has this dilemma come up here before? Anyone have any helpful insight?

-gj

Reply to
gemjack

I show one in Colorado Springs.

Steve W.

Have you tried this website?

Mike

This must be the one my mechanic found too. We calculated shipping and decided to have a semi-local shop try to rebuild it. Apparently these are almost impossible to find. And not the strongest of trannys either.

-gj

Reply to
gemjack