Gauge Cluster

My Dakota was the victim of a want to be thief my steering column and ignition were damaged also my Gauge cluster. New parts of about $1000.00 I can get all I need in used for about $500.00 (my insurance cost would be $1000.00) So here is the question My Dodge dealer is running around If I put in the used gauge cluster my computer will over write the KM's on the gauge will it not? My dealer says I will have to bring it in and get the Odometer re-programed (service charge of $75.00) If that is true then the used gauges are not such a good deal. My truck is a 2003 Dakota club cab.

Greg

Reply to
Freeman72

On a 97 a replacement cluster will read out the milage of the doner vehicle & roll from there. get a cluster that is lower or near your milage. A 2003 may work different. see:

for used parts. cluster & column you can change yourself.

Reply to
RICHARD