replacing 2001 f150 speedo cluster

I have an xl and wanted a factory tach - how can I correct the mileage in the replacement xlt cluster or is it stored in the computer, and the correct miles will show on my replacement xlt cluster automatically? I am hoping to find the tach wire behind the old xl cluster?

Reply to
Rocky

I had to get the cluster on my old 01 due to a problem. The miles on the odometer are programed at the cluster manufacturer. There is also some programming besides that that has to be done, which I believe is for the PATS system.

Reply to
Marlin Singer

Reply to
Rocky