Help 98 ISB xmission

I have a 98.5 cummins ISB with a 5 speed manual. I had a new clutch put in at 180k miles. Shortly thereafter I started having problems. I would come to a stop and go to shift into low but it wasn't possible to go into any gear! This was purely intermittant. Work one time but not the next! If you turn the engine off, it shifts easily into any gear. The clutch feels good with plenty of pedal. I took it back to the shop that put in the clutch and they tore it down but could find no problem. While in there they replaced the throwout again and inspected the pilot (or vice versa) They also replaced the slave cylinder. No help! Next, they replaced the master and again no help!

So what next? Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks Gordon

Reply to
Gordon

Just a thought... did you inspect the bellhousing for any cracks? Way back when, on a friend's F-150, he had the same kinds of shifting problems. Turned out the bellhousing was cracked, and moving/flexing when the clutch was applied, and not exerting as much force on the throwout bearing.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

I've been wondering about the same types of things. Broken motor mount or xmission mount, etc. Obviously, the input shaft has to be turning and I'm thinking something binding because it isn't being held in position. Gordon

Reply to
Gordon