WTF!! Doesn't DC think???

Getting ready to haul my skinny ass to FL next month, then to Denny's in a couple of months and it hit me. This car that I bought, that has put a smile on my face every time I drive it, has one big friggin' shortcoming. No damn spare tire!!!!! Not even a cheater! Not even a jack or lug wrench!!

I can just picture myself at 0300 in the middle of nowhere with a tire down. Yup, they give you this can of tire goo and a small compressor. But if the hole is a shade larger than a brad or is a tear, it isn't going to work. So I can either depend on AAA and pray that they have the ability to fix the tire, if it is repairable. If the tire is junk I have to find a place that has one in stock. Anyway after a puncture it looses it's speed rating so it should be replaced. Or spend about $800.00+ for a tire, wheel and small budda jack and toss in a torque wrench, breaker bar and socket. This will eat up about 80% of the trunk. With the stuff that the wife has me taking utilizing all of the space in the trunk I'm surprised I can get in the car. This isn't good.

Done venting!

Reply to
Roy

now Roy! you know tires don't go flat anymore!!!! *grin*

i hate to hear that. maybe next time i buy a truck i need to check and make sure it comes with a spare.

-Chris

05 CTD 06 Liberty CRD
Reply to
Chris Thompson

It took you this long to notice????

I'm surprized you can fit in the car anyway.....

Anyways, back to the tire. Not much else that you can do that you haven't already said. I've only had one flat tire in my life so I guess I'd take my chances. Maybe you can find one of those little donut spares that won't take up so much space.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Corvette?

Reply to
.boB

Yep, I see a visit to the juck yard. 'Should be able to get all he needs for $100.00.

And they wonder why they are going under?

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

No, my Z06 had the same deal though. This time it's a Charger SRT8. I could probably find a wheel if it was a Corvette. They don't make a lot of SRT's

Reply to
Roy

You find me the junk yard that has all I need for under $500. It isn't going to happen.

Reply to
Roy

Nah, to really get my head around what I'm doing.

I knew that had to follow.

The problem is that they made it so it stops real well. Nothing will clear the front calipers. Going to bite the bullet and go to the dealer in the morning and see what kind of a price I can get, gotta get the sensor too I suppose. In a way it makes since 'cause where will I find a new wheel and tire in a hurry if I need to?. I'll be stuck in east hucklebuck for a week while the corner gas station orders it at top dollar.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Why isn't it going to happen? Have you tried

yet to see what is available? A jack you can get at wal-mart for under 50 bucks for a small hydralic cylinder still. I am sure you have a lug wrench or a four way already, right?

Reply to
azwiley1

Why the dealer? I would go to Discount tires or something of the likes first man, there are many different aftermarket wheels that will fit man.

Reply to
azwiley1

They didn't make too many of them so the chance of finding a wheel in a bone yard is very, very slim. The size of the caliper is very limiting.

Reply to
Roy

I'm sure some punk kids crashed dad's car by now. LOL

Reply to
azwiley1

That's my point. A non repairable puncture 300 hundred miles from home is a pia but not too big a deal. Make a call and have somebody bring the trailer or failing that hire a flat bed. but 1000 miles you are kinda at the mercy of whoever. I'm opting for the tire wheel set up.

Reply to
Roy

Don't "have" to have the sensor. It'll just have the low psi light on. I'm thinking that rim is about $800. Let me know how close my guess is.

In a way it makes since 'cause where will I find a new wheel and

Could be worse. You could be stuck in Elida......... I don't know if I make enough $$ in a month to feed ya for a week..

Denny

Reply to
Denny

My Cobra doesn't carry a spare, either. I carry a tire plug kit, and a small 12v compressor. Same stuff I carry on my motorcycle. Of course, the only time I ever got a flat on the Cobra, it was a hole big enough to stick my thumb in. Couldn't see plugging that to get home, though.

Reply to
.boB

Okay, does it leave a light for just that one or all of them? I can get all of them individually.

I'm hopeing that is the list price. The Damn tire is over $200. Of course when they wear and need to be replaced I'll only need to buy three.

Told ya I'm on a diet.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Just the one. The other three transmitters will still be working.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

The compressor is for your inflate-a-date. And that's not tire goo, it's KY jelly!

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

To give me somthing to do while I wait for AAA?

Reply to
Roy

Thanks pal.

Roy