HELP !! please :) 4wd 3.9 tranny same as 318 v8

I was told my 1994 3.9 v6 dodge 4x4 tranny will bolt up to the 318 but they say the torque converter may have to be used from the 318 ?. Is this true ?.. All the tranny rebuilders say not eh wreckers says yes Thanx for any advice and tips

Reply to
Chevrolet

Chevrolet

It'll bolt up, both are zero balanced. The stall speed of the converter is probably different but I doubt you'll notice the difference if any.

Reply to
BigIronRam

Reply to
Chevrolet

The 3.9 is a "cut down" 318 / 5.2 block, so ask them why wouldn't it fit and see what they say. Ought to be good for some laughs.

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

I called the tranny shop and they said it was a miss understanding.. the magnum 3.9 is the same the old one wasn't and tried saying I didn't specify the right info LOL I told em 94 Dakota...they only cameMagnum v6/v8 odd

360. and then they said said.. "oh.. I meant the old 3.9 is different.. " LOL Then he had the balls to say the plugs are all different and after about 2 min more he said I haven't got time to argue.. LMFAO ! The guy getting this tranny is 70 years old truck has 508,000kms on it and he don't go over
Reply to
Chevrolet

Sounds like a typical "parts changer" shop.

And my thanks to you for helping the gentleman out with his repairs.

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Reply to
Chevrolet

I'll surprise you a bit more-

The V-10 is a "small block" engine. Essentially, the basic block design and many internals are small block influenced.

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Reply to
Chevrolet

Don't worry about it. Chrysler has always done things a bit differently.

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran