How long does oil last?

I don't know about Dodges but it seems to me that most of the time the sender is prior to the filter in which case you'd see no difference.

Reply to
miles

26, 5:52 am, jmc wrote:

jmc,

You're not at Harold E. Holt, Exmouth, Western Australia by any chance are ya?

I was stationed there for two years, 1981 and 1982.

I loved that place! Diving, fishing and camping were the ticket! I had a Ford F150 there at the time. I put oil and filters in the cab so they'd be there when my truck arrived.

Only owned Dodge trucks since....:)

Cliff

Reply to
HammerTime

Since oil don't wear out and only gets contaminated, some companies make a centrifuge that takes out all the contaminates. Google it. Many of the larger commercial trucks have them. I believe they also make a smaller version for autos/pickups. They aren't cheap, but may be better than changing you oil and filter all the time. By using one, you only need to replace any oil that was burned occasionally and clean the centrifuge.

Hank

Reply to
Hustlin' Hank

Reply to