Toyota Oil Filter

I have read several test reports e.g.

That indicate the Toyota filter is "inferior" I'm hoping to find a good aftermarket for my RAV4 V6 but since it just uses a filter element (not canister) haven't found one yet. I use Purolator Pure One in my other cars and motorcycle when I can get them.

Ron

Reply to
Ron Jones

That test is 11 years old.

Reply to
B A R R Y

Cant access the URL. But the MR2 and Celica guys are generally of the opinion that Toyota filters are the best, mainly due to the lack of check valves in most aftermarket ones. Also the oil change interval on a 3sgte engine is between 3K and 5K miles - in which time none of my filters have looked particularly clogged and the oil rarely gets much more than lightly browned.

Reply to
Coyoteboy

Also that test is of questionable accuracy, when after 5 mins 0% of the

10 mic particles were filtered yet after another 5mins 1% were?
Reply to
Coyoteboy

Wow...how things change.

Just about 20 years ago, Consumer Reports said something to the effect that if you owned a Toyota, you were getting the best fiter made! Using the same tests as cited in this report.

I was buying them by the case, since I had two Corollas that used the same filter.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Here us another article

that claims the Toyota filter is actually a Purolator but priced much higher. It likely makes a difference which car we are talking about. (this is for Corolla)

rj

">

Reply to
Ron Jones

I try to make sure mine say "Made in Japan" I believe they are Denso, if memory serves...

Reply to
Hachiroku