I Got $1,000.00 free labor and parts on my Dodge 98 Diesel...here's how!

I meant where geographically is the term used. I live in Michigan and have never heard the term used before. Not even considering the typo. I have also never heard of prosecutors acting in what appears to be a civil lawsuit.

Ken

Reply to
NapalmHeart

That is another reason the OP's post is so silly! I doubt any of what he said even happened as it is so ridiculous!

Reply to
Greg O

========== ==========

I agree.

The dude (op) doesn't have a clue!

He made it entirely too easy to pick apart his fictious rant by inserting way too many "won't happens" into it. As all the other guys that work in the biz have posted, the dude would still be walk'n, rant'n, and pull'n his hair out all while his lovely little ride sat in the back lot rusting and waiting on the title to show up so's it could be sold. End of story.

The cute part was the "Prosecutor". rotflmao

That reeeeeellly tickled my gizzards. lol

~:~ mm ~takes a sip of his coffee..........and calls the prosecutors office to let them help him with his missing newspaper delivery.....they ain't so busy they won't help me with it~

rotflmao....... i make me laugh

Reply to
Marsh Monster

Waiting for the title to show up does not take long around here! Around here once you put a lien on a vehicle the "owner" gets 90 days to pay up. After that time you need to put an add in the paper listing an auction for the vehicle, and the sheriff will bring over the title for you, unless a bank holds a loan on it. If their is a loan on it, it still can be sold but the loan needs to be satisfied before the vehicle goes away. Usually the bank is very helpful because it the "owner" has not paid for the repairs chances are he has not made loan payments either! I have seen instances were the bank will write off allot of the loan to make sure they don't get stuck with the vehicle. Greg

Reply to
Greg O

The ass kicker is, that I didn't get paid for a couple of years. Some of that was my fault because I was too busy trying to take care of other peoples problems to get around to doing something with the truck. It didn't take long to get the title once I got the ball rolling. I got to wonder though, if this guy isn't feeling guilty for ripping someone off and feels he needs to justify it with us. Maybe he thought he would get the "atta boy" treatment. Probably the service manager will likely back flag the poor tech involved to re-coup the loss. Not much, but a little here and there. Just until he get the $1000.00 all so you can throw a fit. Can you carry a grand on your books that you will never get back? Ever wonder why it costs so much for service? You can thank your friend here for that. Oh, by the way, I'm in Cincinnati. east side. don't bother bringing your crap here.

Reply to
gunbunny31

Plus, the crooked mechanic wouldn't want all this publicity :)))

Reply to
Dale Yonz

I do ride my bike still...everyday to work only now I take the longer route which is eleven miles. Still I'd like to ride further to increase my stamina. The truck is for hauling and working not to mention I love my truck. I'd put it under glass if I could. Still sickens me to see the thousands of cars and trucks while commuting.

Randolf

Reply to
randolf_scott

I don't feel ashamed. I feel great! Hope it teaches those common thieves a lesson. How can sleezy repair shop workers go home and look their wives and kids in the eye after having spent the day robbing poor and innocent people is beyond me. I'd like to know their trick...maybe it involves lots of alcohol and/or drugs?

Actually the bumper was around $500 and the front end work $850...so that's really $1,350.00 or so. For the record "fraud" is not a civil matter.

Randolf

Reply to
randolf_scott

Right you are Dale. The president of the shop was begging me not to tell anyone and that he was an honest guy who never cheated anyone. I just turned away and didn't answer him. Also his office manager was trying to stand there and look dignified while I gave them the "what for". They were spineless and cowards, but what do you expect of common thieves?

Randolf

Reply to
randolf_scott

Marsha,

Cut back on the drugs...seriously.

Randolf

Reply to
randolf_scott

Forgot to mention I also got a free upgrade from 235/85 to 265/75 on my tires cause when I originally came in he pointed to the 265/75's and said those are the ones I quoted you the price on. When I brought the truck back after finding the alignment still bad I pointed out the fact that the tires on it were not the ones he pointed out and had agreed to sell me for the price. That was easily $80 worth of free tire I got. So, let's make the tally closer to $1,430.00. Wish I could hit $1,500.00...just a nice pleasent round number :)

Of course when you figure all the time I lost (and stress) argueing with them I'm sure the number goes well below $100.00 :(

Randolf

Reply to
randolf_scott

Here's what I got...just for the record...

Four 265/75 premium tires for $446.00 and that includes tax and disposal. Front wheel alignment for $40.00. Free $500.00 bumper and that includes labor...did I mention the side they didn't bang up was already banged up by me? Free $850.00 (with labor and tax) upper and lower Moog (sweet!) ball joints. Free $80.00 upgrade in tires due to paying for the cheaper price for

235/85 they had on sale.

I only came out of pocket for $486.00. Not bad for the price! Can anyone beat this?

Randolf

Reply to
randolf_scott

What work didn't they do?

Not the least bit surprised that a truck with a worn out front end wouldn't handle any better after an alignment than it did before.

Anything after this point is just shenanigans on your part, anything before this point is speculation.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

I still say you got lucky or your a liar. Your truck would be sitting behind my shop under lock and key if were at my place. But then I wouldn't let escalate to this.

Reply to
gunbunny31

You wouldn't say that if you had read the entire thread.

Randolf

Reply to
randolf_scott

I'm sure you hope I am a liar instead of a trend of customers who have decided not to victimized any longer. Personally I couldn't care if you believe me or not, but trust me when I say the president and manager of that joint won't forget my face any time soon.

Just hope I don't have to go back for any warranty work...if I do I won't take my eyes off my truck under any circumstances.

Randolf

Reply to
randolf_scott

Did you not read where I said the mechanic admitted the following Monday that they had never even attempted to do an alignment the previous Friday nor evaluate the alignment...the same day I test drove it and the alignment was not improved? You need to keep up or stick to shorter threads.

Randolf

Reply to
randolf_scott

I did, and it would. I'm not saying that feel sorry for the mass tire places. sometimes they get what's comming to them. they hire idiots out of half way houses and don't pay squat. Those guys really don't care if your truck is right or not. What the hell, their car runs fine. But...... you should have known this going in.

Reply to
gunbunny31

I am a champion! I rule the world! Who else could get so much for so little? Feel like I won the sweepstakes.

Randolf

Reply to
randolf_scott

This wouldn't have happened at my shop. Regardless of what you think, not everyone needs to make a living from riping people off. I read your post, a mechanic said the aligment didn't happen. Now was it a mistake or fraud. A cop isn't going to make that decision. That's what a judge is for. A cop will take a report then leave. With you standing there wondering how your going to get home. You can go to a prosecutor, they may file a case, but not likely. they won't spend the money unless the case is clearly soild. It won't matter that "you said, they said" . In the end you are lucky you got your truck back without paying. I'm just saying you wouldn't have done it here.

Reply to
gunbunny31