Light Duty vs Heavy Duty parts?

Found out they needed trainriders around the same time my QA job > > > > ended so I went to Bombardier. By that time Marty F was a General > > > > Foreman at HSR. > > > > When the Bombardier job ended I went to Amtrak as a QA Inspector and > > > > my fellow QAIs were Marty, Randy and the well known Mike Fraites.

11 weeks and trained for 16 months just to end up doing 5 > > mph and occasionally 15mph, most of it backwards! > > Actually I occasionally can hold a spare board position. Nothing like > > doing 125 or 150mph and it's legal! :-) > > > > This site is one of the best ones for good informative responses

Take care, John

Reply to
Z88Z

She would be correct. It's me. Good that she quit smoking, now she'll be bitching about gaining weight. lol

The leg, actually the ankle, has been fine for some time. The shoulder they operated on in Dec. It's better than the night I screwed it up but still ain't like it use to be. But it is what it is.

He's been around long enough to be well versed on contracts from both sides of the street.

What it means is your probably screwed. The cost of living in New England is a hell of a lot more than south or west. We ran into the same deal, they are a greater number and will vote to accept what may be a good deal for them, regards the cost of living where they are. You on the other hand ......

The international don't give a damn, Amtrak is a dues collecting agency for them. In 1991 we managed to drag Amtrak infront of congress and the Int'l Officiers did everything they could to derail us. When it came time to testify only two showed up for the hearings. Didn't matter, we managed to do quite well without them.

Your best bet imo, is to push real hard for regional negotiations. Or jump to MBCR.

Reply to
Roy