New 2007 Dakota

I bought it pretty basic, no pwr windows or locks, no tilt steering or cruise control. Got the Quad cab and 4x4 instead. There's a blueish-gray wire tied up and laying next to the battery for *some* future use I suppose. Anyone know what this is for? ~GJ~

Reply to
Gemini Jackson

Trailer brakes maybe?

Reply to
Bill

I just had the dealership put one of their factory receiver hitches on, with 4 and 6 prong connections. So no, it must be something else. I'm thinking it has something to do with one of the features of the 'power package' (security, cruise, pwr windows and locks, that funky green rearview bright-light blocker thing, etc.) that I don't have installed. ~GJ~

Reply to
Gemini Jackson

Anything that the factory includes would not be running directly off the battery (except starter). They all go through the power distribution system.

Reply to
GeekBoy