Offset Illegal's Boycot

Don't our lawmakers take an oath to uphold the laws of our constitution and laws of our land when they take office? Seems a big deal ought to be made of this. They are ignoring the laws they are sworn to uphold. I don't beleive there is an option to pick and choose which they uphold and enforce. We had better start doing something or we are going to end up being even bigger losers.

Reply to
Paul O.

We have had 2 or 3 cases here in central CA (at least that many that the media spot lighted) where the parents WERE deported but the kids had a choice of staying... one guy had been here for like 30 years...

I feel sorry for them, but they bring it on themselves... You;d think that in 30 years he could have found a way to become legal..

Mac

mac davis

The whole thing is stupid, but the organizers or this "protest need to get their heads out of their asses...

They need to do one of 2 things, as I see it:

  1. Have only illegals not work, to show the impact, if any, of them not being here..

  1. Call it a sympathy walkout and urge everyone to not work..

You can't say that you're showing the impact of Dodges on the hiway and have fords and chevys not drive for a day... it doesn't show anything useful..

Mac

mac davis

Right... but at least here, there is heavy pressure for them to support other Hispanics... another thing that bothers me, they try to make it a race issue instead of a legal issue..

Mac

mac davis

As much as I hate Best Buy I do have to give them credit for doing away with mail in rebates. At least here in the Dallas area. They are the first retailer that I know of locally that had the "balls" to give the discount to the customer on the spot. Now knowing Best Buy they raised their prices to do it. But I do hate rebates.

Bob

Reply to
Bob M

I very rarely buy anything with a rebate. I can almost always find it at the same price or cheaper elsewhere without a rebate. It seems to be a 50/50 chance that I ever get the rebate sent to me. Sure I can wait an hour on the phone and argue over where my $20 is but I'd rather avoid the whole mess to begin with. Stores like CompUSA, Circuit City etc. that have rebates on almost everything they sell do not get my business.

Reply to
miles

I'm doing cartoys this time. Wiring isn't one of my better talents. What I mean is I can do a fine job, it's just that I don't like it and tend to hurry too much. And there's always the temptation to really hurry and wrap it up with electrical tape...

Reply to
BigIronRam

I had a local independent I trusted, they let me down last year so I'm giving car toys a shot.

Reply to
BigIronRam

I generally solder all connections and use heat shrink tubing. Electrical tape always comes unraveled in the summer heat.

Reply to
miles

I agree. I buy almost everything I need online now. I don't have to deal with rebates and the prices are usually cheaper than Best Buy, Circuit City, CompUSA, etc.

Bob

Reply to
Bob M

and
(Fry's Electronics) seemto have consistently low prices on electronics.Bryan

Reply to
Bryan

Here in Canada we have to put up with French writing on everything we buy. On our cereal boxes, toothpaste, chocolate bars etc etc. there has to be french as well as English. You buy electrontic product, you get two instruction booklets, one in french and the other in english. This costs extra money, so the consumer pays for it. I got a yamaha rhino, and half of the decals had to be in french. Out came the heat gun and peeled them off.

Canada has to be billingual, yeah right. The British kick the frenchmen asses in a war couple hundred years ago, so why force french on the rest of us.

Just wait, my southern friends, maybe it's happening already. You will be reading or staring at spanish everyday on your instruction manuals on new products that you buy. While having breakfast, you will be reading spanish on your milk cartons, cereal boxes. There will be billingual signs at airports, trains, etc. etc

dale

Reply to
Dale Yonz

We can use the word Indian no more. They are called "first nations"

Reply to
Dale Yonz

And if they come back and get caught again, cut a foot off :))) That will slow them down next time

Reply to
Dale Yonz

How about taken a Mexican out for lunch :)))

Reply to
Dale Yonz

You obviously don't get down into the States much, do ya, Dale?

Next thing you'll be telling us the horses and buggies will be replaced with motorcars :)

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

You mean you got billingual signs in mexican and english?

Reply to
Dale Yonz

They refer to themselves by clan to others of the same tribe. To "Anglos," "Whites," or "Biniganas" they refer to themselves by tribe. In general, here on the rez, Indians use the term Indian, though you'll sometimes hear "Diné" in the Navajo Nation, as large as West Virginia, and the largest of the reservations.

Reply to
Steve Ackman

Already is here in Arizona. Billboards all over town are in spanish. Signs at public places are in both languages. Government has been forced by law to print any public documents in both languages.

One thing I don't think will happen that has in Quebec. Businesses do not have to alter their name to conform to French. Street signs do not have to be in French etc. Products can be sold in English without having to be first translated to French such as DVD's etc.

Reply to
miles

Here in Arizona there are tons of signs, billboards etc. in Spanish. Signs in public places are in both languages.

Reply to
miles