Re: How much for a new bumper for a Ford Mondeo ? (and is it needed)

I crumpled the corner of my front bumper while parking tonight. Since

> I've never owned a Mondeo before I'd appreciate it if someone could > give some kind of idea of the cost to replace the bumper so that I > don't get ripped off.. And perhaps it isn't necessary - maybe it could > be repaired cheaply (I have no idea if it's possible - just guessing) > without the need for a replacement. Anyway I'd be grateful to hear any > suggestions. [I have near zero knowledge about cars so any useful > input is much appreciated) > > cheers . Ricky

If it is a new bumper job, expect it to be stupendously expensive.

Reply to
Doki

Rear bumper in 2001 was £400 (Ford main dealer, insurance job)

Pete

Reply to
PM

I would guess you could get one that's as good as the old one (before the bump) for about £30 from a scrap yard.

Reply to
David

If it really needs replacing, I was quoted =A3500 inc supply, spraying=20 and fitting from Ford dealer and two bodyhops.

--=20 ________________________ Conor Turton conor snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com ICQ:31909763 ________________________

Reply to
Conor

On Ebay at this very moment BUY IT NOW... £85

FORD MONDEO MK1 OR MK2 NEW FRONT OR REAR BUMPER ( DOES NOT INCLUDE ESTATE REAR CAN SUPPLY REAR ESTATE BUMPERS PLEASE E MAIL )PAINTED TO THE COLOUR OF YOUR CAR THESE ARE PAINTED TO YOUR CARS ORIGINAL PAINT CODE AND HARDENED IN A LOW BAKE OVEN TO INSURANCE COMPANIES STANDARDS ALL COME WITH A 90 DAY GAURENTEE WE SPECILISE IN ALL FORD PARTS BOTH NEW AND USED DELIVERY £10.00 BY TNT OR PARCEL FORCE IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE E MAIL THROUGH E BAY ALSO SEE OUR E BAY SHOP AND FEED BACK THANKS FOR LOOKING AND GOOD LUCK

Reply to
Mistatee

I have just paid £75 quid for a pattern bumper for a Ford Escort Mark 6, this was purchased from a breaker that do new spare parts, which this bumper was, worth trying them maybe!

Tosh

Reply to
Tosh

were i worked a mondeo bumper was £80 primed ready to paint. go to your nearest factors and ask if they dupply hadrian car panels or go to

page is for 2001 - model but you can find earlyer models there.

Reply to
Dubster