OT- House votes to annoy OPEC

Wonder where the oil prices will go now....

I can not believe I voted for some of these fools.

Reply to
Mr.E

Yeah...this will go far. A lawsuit against our enemy, who has the deepest pockets on earth, and we're paying their legal fees every day.

Pure genius.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Why, I think this is great. Go-Go.

Reply to
dbu

Where do you think we should drill "here" first for oil? Name 3 good places.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

You must have at least one idea. No?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

This called grandstanding for the constituents.

Reply to
badgolferman

No you didn't.

No you don't.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Don't get me wrong. I'm impressed that oil finding company #1 appreciated your janitorial skills enough to recommend you to company #2, but this doesn't mean you know what you're talking about with regard to "oil finding".

I know, and I have to watch my budget now so I don't have to tap into that money. That's why I haven't sent it to you. Stamps are expensive. I thought you were coming here to get it. That's what you said, remember?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

A quick Google search found the following:

Walker Ridge, Gulf of Mexico could boost US oil reserves by 50% according to Chevron for one.

Bakken Formation in North/South Dakota and Montana could boost oil reserve by 10 times that could make US independent of OPEC according to USGS - to be verified. That's 4 places so far.

Alasken seabed could exceed the reserves in the US according to an article on The New York Times.

Reply to
<Frank>

I wanted to hear Scott say these things. He's afraid to.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

So why do they remain untouched? Are they not the property of the US? Is that oil going to get any purer if we just leave it there? Will it just start to bubble out and save us lots of money in drilling costs?

Reply to
badgolferman

I see you have been shown to be wrong again. If you truly knew this answer you would have brought forth it yourself. It's pitiful you expect others to do your research for yourself. I really wish you would spend more time in the library "reading books" than on Usenet making yourself look stupid.

Reply to
badgolferman

Earlier, Sot said this:

"These are the same 'do goobers' that didn't let us drill for oil here and made it impossible to construct nuclear power plants.

I asked Sot for examples of drilling locations because his statement was much too general, as always. If he had responded, then my next response would've been "Show us the specific legislation which prevents drilling in the locations YOU CHOSE TO MENTION."

Sot won't play the game, though. Why? Simple: He lynched himself when he made his initial statement. Now, there's no way out for him except silence, or stupid comments about the money he imagines is owed to him.

Why is there no way out? Because he no doubt saw Hach (aka Glen Beck's Bitch Pass the Crisco) lynch himself in the exact same way last week.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Why should we not be drilling for oil on our own property?

Reply to
badgolferman

Beats me. I never made such a claim.

The point here is to find out more about the "do goobers" Sot mentioned.

Here's what happened to Hach (Glen Beck's Bitch Pass the Crisco) last week:

1) He complained that other countries were exploring for oil in the Gulf of Mexico, and followed that complaint with a claim that democrats were keeping us from doing the same. 2) When asked to show *HOW* democrats did this, he had nothing to show because Glen Beck didn't provide the bitch with anything specific. 3) I provided the bitch with a link to a DOT GOV web site showing legislation from 2006, heartily supported by democrats, which *encourages* new oil exploration in the Gulf, by American companies. 4) Hach (Glen Beck's Bitch Pass the Crisco) noodled around for a day or two trying to pretend he didn't see that he'd been kicked again.

Sot is trying to avoid being kicked.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

The do gooders are democrats who are forever beholden to their environmental nut cases and global warming freaks. That's who prevents the U.S. from drilling on our own soil. So rather than contributing 2.5 percent of the worlds oil supply and using 25 percent we could be using and pumping what we use without any outside imports. Seems clear as clear can be. Don't know what your problem is with that joe tweet or was it twit.

Reply to
dbu

You said "That's who prevents..." That means it's presently happening. That can't happen without legislation. You can't discuss this in generalities. Which specific legislation is keeping us from drilling? Name and or bill number.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Look them up for yourself, thats what you tell everybody.

Reply to
dbu

Be careful when you say that. Hach (Glen Beck's Bitch Pass the Crisco) told me to look it up myself last week, so I did. It didn't go so well for him. Here's what I found:

S.3711 Title: A bill to enhance the energy independence and security of the United States by providing for exploration, development, and production activities for mineral resources in the Gulf of Mexico, and for other purposes.

Passed in 2006. The voting record indicated that Democrats overwhelmingly

***SUPPORTED*** the legislation.

You should avoid making statements which are contradicted by facts. This is what happens when you repeat what you were told to by talk radio peckerheads.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

That doesn't show doo-wah, it's eyewash. The oil companies haven't been able to find new oil for 30 years.

Reply to
dbu