oil in diesel

Anyone have any experience adding either a quart of 30W or a quart of ATF to each tank of diesel?Engine is a 2003 5.9L HO. I did this for years on a '93 Ford 7.3 diesel, it really helped the injector pump run quieter, plus there was less stalling. (All this came about when the government mandated de-sulphurized diesel for environmental reasons, thus robbing the diesel fuel of a lot of slickum. At the time, Ford recommended adding a pint of some majic stuff they had to each tank of diesel, but it cost about $4 a shot, so not many takers. Operators of long haul transport were routinely adding ATF to their diesel fuel, so I tried it. Worked great. )

Reply to
Willer

Sounds logical but atf is RED colored, a problem in the sense that it will give the appearance of using untaxed offroad fuel if you get audited. Maybe some of the additives recommended by would be better advised.

DE

Reply to
DE

I'm a veggie user and have research this type of "fuel". If you must put oil in the diesel fuel. Use SVO only. Why, If you use dino oil. You will generate ash after the burn. This ash can abrade you engine.

Best; Dave

Reply to
Dave