OT Another Weekend BS Post

Just for the hell of it and to learn about people's mindset.

Do you think GB is doing a good job as president?" Try to answer with out the usual bs.

Who am I kidding?

Roy

Reply to
Roy

BS section: If it weren't for OT, then you'd see "a.a.d.t.: low activity"

Response: No, and I'll try to boil it down to 3 points.

  1. Of course we have the luxury of hindsight, but I don't believe in pissing off the world in spreading your political philosophy, and I don't think the goals we set out with 5 years ago (threat related) were ever met in the least.

  1. I'm all for personal religious beliefs, but I do not think he makes enough separation between its role in his personal life and the day-to-day business of this country. I almost wouldn't be surprised to see one of the "Rapture" bumper stickers on the rudder of AF1.

  2. A Canadian musical performer that tours in the US as well as Canada pointed out last week that 5 or 6 years ago, the American dollar was worth roughly .50....while today it's going for about .15.....is that a sign of ever-increasing globalization in commodities (hence a leveling of the playfield), or have we missed something along the way....

J> Just for the hell of it and to learn about people's mindset.

Reply to
Jon

Reply to
Dimbo Spams

Yes, I do... good yes... perfect no...

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons

good, compared to what?

Bill

Reply to
bill allemann

internal policies-- not too good. his tax policies and his domestic policies have been too conservative, even for me. not a terrible job, just nothing that deserves real kudos, imo. he definately has a favor for big oil and the lack of any constraint on the oil industry is hard to watch. record profits while we pay record high prices.

as to his foreign policy, i will probably be the outcast with this opinion, but i respect what he has done. again, i don't expect this to be a real popular stance, but i appreciate that he has had the will to fight the terrorists on their own ground instead of on ours. anyone who thinks that we could have avoided this conflict with the islamic extremists doesn't have their feet firmly planted on the ground. and there is no doubt but that the goal was to bring the death and destruction to american soil, and we have been able to counter that threat so far. we have every right to protect ourselves and our country and i think that he is one of the few with the willingness to see this through. at least so far. the terrorists have learned from the vietnamese that the way to beat america is not on the battlefield, but rather in the newspapers and they are in this for the long stay.

Reply to
theguy

I think he's doing the best job he can within the limits that are forced upon him and the military by prior weaker administrations and Congress that knuckled under to every Anti-American idiot out there, not overlooking the UN, of course.

And it's going back to those weaker days if conservatives don't get out and vote.

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Good intentions gone bad. HD

Reply to
HoDad

I think to keep it in perspective, you have to think of the alternative; hell, Gore may have invented the diesel engine if he made it to the presidency.

FMB (unprotected North Mexico)

Reply to
FMB

And who would I vote for? Would I vote for someone who rammed through Congress the greatest losses of freedoms since the country's inception? Or would I vote Democrap, and vote for higher taxes, and more gun laws that only affect the law abiding?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I don't t hink that intending to turn USA into Nazi Germany is "good".

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Troops in Iraq, but no effective border patrol. That say a lot.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Better than his predecessor.

Ken

Reply to
NapalmHeart

I don't know who you should vote for, that is your choice.

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Are you going add a reply to Roy, or just snip at other's comments?

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Regardless of what he has done since, I don't believe his original intention was to turn America into "Nazi Germany". (thus the 'gone bad') HD

Reply to
HoDad

Exactly. What we have is bad, just not as bad as it could be.

Ken

Reply to
NapalmHeart

Thanks to Clinton's 40% military reduction.

Ken

Reply to
NapalmHeart

And the Bush response to cancell out the rights in the Constitution. When in doubt, take away freedom.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

So, tell us . . .where did you miss the announcement we were at war?

Reply to
Budd Cochran