PING: All you AC/HVAC experts

Carbon Credits for the excessive Methane?

FMB (North Mexico, the windy part)

Reply to
FMB

Too many pollution issues!

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

We went from the lowest cost Kaiser coverage for $750 a month to one of the best Mexican health plans available for a little over $300 a month.. $500 deductible and includes air med lift, cancer, etc..

We were specifically told that getting drunk and falling off an ATV isn't covered, so I guess it's a common injury.. lol

Building costs are rising, but still under $100 a sf... We paid about $65...

A cold beer in a cantina is under $2...

Our average power bill so far including my shop is about $150 a month..

Unless we have a lot of company, a 2,400 gallon cistern of water lasts a bit over 6 weeks, costs $600 pesos/$58 US to fill..

A cold beer in a cantina is under $2...

Property taxes are based on land only and run about $800 a year for 2 lots..

Unleaded gas without all the CA crap in it is about $2.25 a gallon..

A cold beer in a cantina is under $2...

We went to a very nice place in town the other night and had dinner... 5 people, dinner/drinks/tip was less than $50 US...

Cost of living is very low here and the weather is awesome... We were going to wait a few more years and have my wife retire at 50.. figured out that the difference in cost of living between here and CA was just about what her take home pay was, so she retired at 48.. AWESOME!

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Probably the same thing that would have happened to us in CA when the Governator flushes the state down the toilet??

Not sure what would happen, or if they could afford to... we have title insurance and all but who knows if the government is involved.. Don't give Billary any ideas...

My guess is that the last thing they would want to do is effect the cash flow from gringos here... a couple of years ago, the US dollar spent on homes and tourism became the number one cash generator, over beer, which supported large parts of Baja for years.. Probably have a revolt from the thousands of nationals that make relatively big bucks in all the gringo areas...

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

would he have to involve a hazmat team?

Reply to
Chris Thompson

Sounds like it is all working out for ya bro. Ain't it about time.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Yeah, it's working out even better than we expected..

Hard to believe that we've only been here full time for less than a year.... Seems like we've been here forever, it's so natural..