Ping .... Roy...Denny

I went target shooting this morning and had brass slinging all over the place. First it was a Sig, then a Glock, then some 9mm I hadn't heard of before. Then out came the Steyr Aug A3 and the M4. That was a load of fun. The guy with the MP 5's didn't show up so we only had one full rock n roll and no whispers.

Last of all, was a prototype 50 cal bolt action rifle. The cartrige casing is shorter than a regular 50, with the whole cartrige (with bullet) being as tall as a regular 50 cal cartrige casing. Some of the 'special' things about this weapon are the 2730fps and 19.5# weight. The kick wasn't bad at all, nothing like you would think for such a large gun. Didn't have a bowling ball, but a jug of water didn't stand a chance (no wabbits around, too noisey). The military has tested the gun a couple of times and likes it so far. Takes a lot to put a new gun and cartrige on the military market.

I have video of the morning fun but won't have time till probably this weekend to get any online.

FMB (North Mexico)

Reply to
FMB

And to think I had to go to work while you had all the fun... bummer....

I'm anxiously awaiting.....

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Some people get to have all the fun! So we gotta wait until the weekend?

Roy

Reply to
Roy