PING: Snoman

Still waiting on an explanation of how a Dodge V10 will retard it's ignition timing when running 87 octane fuel.

While you're at it, we're all still waiting for you to explain how you fit a GM 8.25" R&P set into a Dodge 8.0" axle housing.

Then, if you have time, maybe you could explain how the catalytic converters Dodge has been installing on the 325HP engines, since early 2004, aren't really catalytic converters, even though all their documentation says they are.

If you could clear up any of these mysteries, I'm sure we'd all sleep a little better.

Thanks

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

You have any idea what your chances of that happening are??

But..., I'd like to see the ass hole revisit the V 10 and substantiate his statements there.

I'll sleep just fine thank you.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Tom I am still waiting for you to grow up. OBTW, Dodge does use a even lighter duty 8 inch axle (also made by AAM not Dodge) that was designed for usage in a rear axle on a light weight SUV and Dodge adapted it to use in the front and since Dodge does not believe on saving fuel by disconnected front diff in 2wd (none of there current models do) it was easy to adapt a cheaper rear drive axle for a frront drive assembly rather than spend a bit more coin and do it correctly. So I was right andand wrong here in that Dodge does not make the axle and it is not realy a front drive axle to begin with either and it is a lighter built 8 and not the 8.25 which was designed as a front drive axle but costs more. On the V10, you will never figure that one out no matter how it is explained because your mind is stuck in the mud on 87 being the best fuel to use period. You should take a few classes on thermodynamic principles and operational theories of IC engine and after you do and if you pass them then maybe we can have that talk because you talk the talk but cannot walk the walk on this subject and are well out of your league.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

No much chance at all when talking to "children" that cannot understand. My kids can learn but you cannot nor be civil about disagreements. It is how you handle those that shows your maturity and name calling shows no maturity at all. It is what what "children" do sometimes when they do not get their way.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

hmmm that doesn't answer the question. here lets revisit it again. he asked how does it retard timing? its a valid question, you realize that in order for the pcm to retard timing it has to see a "spark knock" or "detonation" event, to know the knock is even there and there is a need for timing retard? now that we both agree on that. you also realize that the dodge truck engines related to the v10 (8.0L) all do not have a knock sensor right? that list includes the 5.2 (318 cid), 5.9 (360 cid) 8.0L v10 (488 cid)

if you do not agree that the truck's engine has to have a knock sensor to see the "knock" then please enlighten us all........how does it know?

Reply to
Chris Thompson

More BS! Answer the questions!

Not a disagreement Ass hole. It is about you posting incorrect advie and false answers. Now answer the questions!

What children do when caught in BS is avoid the issue. You, Ass hole have continued to do so. Your new name fit's you perfectly. Get use to it 'cause it is all yours. Oddly enough, folks from the other ng's that you have posted to have names for you as well. Do ya think there might be a connection?

Answer the questions!

Reply to
Roy

Mac

mac davis

LOL, that was wrong! funny, but wrong!

Reply to
Chris Thompson

that makes no sense at all. it isn't even a response to what was written. are you on meds? if so, you need to see the dr. and double up the doses or something.

i am glad your kids can learn. that at least shows that they have the capacity to move beyond the ignorance of their father. now i just hope that they too don't turn out to be ass clowns of the internet like their dad.

Reply to
theguy

Hey, a thermos keeps hot stuff hot and cold stuff cold. It doesn't have any sensors. How does it know?

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

bad example greg. a thermos simply is insulated. it holds the temp inside for as long as its insulation allows but does not maintain a temperature. some get warm or cold very quickly due to poor insulation and some will hol the temp for many hours, but it is not the same thing as maintaining the temperature.

Reply to
theguy

I've read more than a few post by this guy and caught a number of mistakes / lies. Either he is the biggest pompous asshole I've ever seen or he's just another troll that is getting off on you guys combating his stupid post. I've never seen anyone embellish postings with so much worthless crap like snoboy. Lol I just noticed this guy plows snow, you wont get rid of him until winter comes! Another jobless fruitcake with nothing to do. Just look at his post flooding the usenet. And he has his own forum? I have never seen any one with an over inflated sense of self importance as this guy. Good luck to you guys on getting rid of this ass clown.

Reply to
otech97

Dude.. I think BK was making a funny... Mac

mac davis

yeah, i think you are right. sorry greg, i glossed over that.

Reply to
theguy

Damn! I had as a plain Ass hole, you upgraded him to pompous ass hole. Maybe he'll follow you.

We will unload the pos soon.

Reply to
Roy

Don't the Snowidiot live on the east coast?? I think maybe you should drop in for a visit on your next trip to Fla. Ya know, a little quality "bonding" time....

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Trolls don't post real answers. They just post brain farts for their own sake.

Reply to
Gill Bentry

Humor ain't your forte is it guy?

;^)

Mike .

Reply to
Mike Simmons

:)

i don't know, i like humor. i think this one just went over my head for some reason.

Reply to
theguy

It's my understanding that... Octane is a measure of fuel's resistance to detonation (aka pinging or dieseling) caused by the rise in temperature associated with compressing an air fuel/mixture (or any substance in a gaseous state). That is, the higher the octane rating, the higher the compression ratio the air/fuel mixture can endure before compressional heat causes ignition of said air/fuel mixture. Higher compression gasoline engines _require_ higher octane gasoline so that the air/fuel mixture may be compressed without detonation before the spark plug induces ignition. Lower compression engines gain no benefit from using gasoline with a higher octane rating.

Furthermore, I know that the some "power programmers" will adjust things like injector pulse width and ignition timing to increase horse power and torque, but those changes usually require gasoline with a higher octane than the stock program to prevent compressional detonation.

Therefore, maybe you can explain to _me_ the situations and reasons why a V-10 (or any other gasoline engine designated by the manufacturer as requiring 87 octane gasoline) can benefit from higher octane gasoline.

Reply to
Ed H.