problem with heater

I have a single cab 2002 Dodge ram and for some reason my heater will only blow cold air when I'm parked or driving slowly, it'll blow hot acceleration....I had the same problem with my air conditioner (air got cold only with accleration) and was told it was just a blown fuse...is it possible it's the same thing?

Also for some reason my interior light will not turn on, tried using the dimmer and opening both doors and nothing..

Thanks for the help

Reply to
rrou812

Sounds more like a slipping serpentine belt to me.

For that, check the IOD fuse in the fuse panel... the one with the plastic shroud around it.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence