Speedometer trouble

Got a 92' Ram 150 5.2L(auto) 4x4. Last week the speedometer started not reading. Guy's at auto zone said it was speed sensor on the tranny, so i replaced it and still having trouble. Its works half the time. This past week it works every morning, but in the afternoon coming home it don't work, but somtimes i can restart the truck and it will work. Any help would be good.

Thanks

Reply to
brian

I have a similar problem, speedometer still works, odometer doesn't, I'm stumped.

Reply to
DonStaples

On mine the the odometer works fine even when the speedometer don't, so i'm not sure whats wrong.

Reply to
brian

You need an odometer gear. Try here:

T. Postel

Reply to
ltrelei

I had a 99 and it was located on the rear axle, upper side if I remember correctly

Reply to
Trent

Reply to
brian