Squelch this rumor about Keyless Entry is part of electric door locks for me

Yet another person has told me if I have Electric Door locks on my 99 (I do) that its a simple switch and getting FOB's to get remote entry.
Two dealers have told me its a Module addition and programing and would run about 200 - 250. I wouldnt mind Remote entry, but not at that price.
Could you squelch or confirm this rumor (about the 4th or 5th Ive heard it from).
thanks Rick From Everett.
Rick Scott wrote:

The factory keyless entry on my '99 Ram is the 5-wire relay system. It is wired differently than the ones without factory keyless entry. To determine what you have check out this website: http://www.the12volt.com/doorlocks/doorlocks.asp