Stalling Dodge Ram 250

My 92 Dodge Ram 250 van will cut off all of the sudden. No warning , no sputterin just cots off. Now if i let it sit for 5 or so minutes it cramnks right back up. Any clues as where to start looking for the problem?

Reply to
NC Rocket

Could be lots of things, but sounds like my old Dakota- was the engine RPM switch in the distributer. Do you have a tach? Is it jumpy sometimes?

Reply to
Bruce Porter

No tach... Just a spedometer. I havent noticed any change in the way the engine sounds either. It just cuts off.

Reply to
NC Rocket

My wife had a Torino that acted like that. The fuel filter was getting plugged.

Reply to
NapalmHeart

check the fuel pressure is not reducing in the gas tank -- so it is sucking too much -- had this too -- open the gas tank cap and see if it sucks -- temporary solution for that would be to leave the gas cap a bit loose

how long before it starts this behaviour? how long will it run before it cuts out again? could also be any number of sensors is shot and giving the wrong info. do you have engine light / codes on this? is the engine light working? rach

Reply to
Rachel Easson