Sticker shock!

Just got my oil changed for the last time here in Oz - last time it was mixed in with other services, so I don't remember.

It's cost me the equivalent of over $70! For regular oil!

Please tell me it's not going to be that expensive for a simple oil change in the US! (Dakota, takes 5 quarts).

jmc

Reply to
jmc

The going rate in my neck of the woods is $20.

Ralph

Reply to
Ralph

It was 73.00 to change the oil in my truck, 13 quarts.

Reply to
MoParMaN

Huh, you are not doing it yourself?

Did my Hemi the other day, 8 qt synthetic and filter and it was less than $50 total. (And about ten minutes of time, most taken by a stuck oil filter!)

Reply to
PeterD

What kind of oil?

Reply to
PeterD

For a typical vehicle using non-synthetic oil the typical rate is $20-$30USD. Diesel trucks are closer to $70.

Reply to
miles

Mostly runs around $20-$30 at a speedy type deal. Dealer will hit ya harder.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Suddenly, without warning, PeterD exclaimed (4/16/2008 10:17 PM):

I used to, for years. But I can't reach the filter in this truck, I'm too short :)

Back in the day, our buying decisions for a vehicle included whether or not we could reach the oil filter & plug, since hubby isn't overtall either, and we both preferred to change our own oil :)

jmc

Reply to
jmc

Guess you have not seen those steps they now sell in the stores. It hangs over the tire.

Reply to
GeekBoy

Reply to
GeekBoy

My 2500 has built-in steps on the front bumper... Works too.

Reply to
PeterD

Reply to
rdtaxted

Crap, now I need a way to save myself from me...

OTOH...

A couple of years ago, took it into the dealer for warranty repairs, check engine light on. The replaced an O2 sensor. Didn't think much about it.

Well, the check engine light has been comming on frequently for the last year or so (about a year after they fixed it).

The other day, rolled under to change the oil and took a look.

IDIOTS! The mechanic, instead of properly installing the O2 sensor harness like from the factory, simply tie-wrapped it to the cross member! Well, one can guess about how long it takes that wire to wear through to the cross member!

Reply to
PeterD

Have chain steps would make a deal on them - Work great!

DudLee

4024085873

-- Message posted using

information at