Thank you Tom

Got to tell you guys what an Ace Tom is. Offline he had me check fuel at the injectors to ensure I didn't have pump issues as I had low power problems. Truck would barely get out of the way (96 w/Cummins). As I went thru and cracked each injector, I noticed all but one caused the engine to stumble upon cracking it. Front cylinder. It also looked like it was nasty junk that came out, but hard to tell as I have an oil leak at the valve cover. Any way, truck is running great again. Guess that it had an air lock that wasn't allowing fuel to reach the injector. Engine was running on 5 instead of 6 cylinders.

We've got a great asset here. I know we depend on him for a lot of advice. It says a lot of him to stick around and help us with all the bickering from the reactive personalities on here.

Blessings, John

Reply to
Midlant

Hear, hear!

Craig C.

Reply to
Craig C.

Seconded

Reply to
BigIronRam

Yup, Tom L is a wonderful guy and he certainly know's his stuff.. But has been known to toss out a couple of cheap shots. While we are talking about nice people, my wide ride buddy emailed me to let me know that he is in the midst of 'putor problems (or so he claims) and will be among the missing for a bit. Now that I think of it he never emailed me back. Now that he can't reply I'll tell ya all the truth. He finally set "the machine" to run on the bottle and it sorta got away from him. I understand the injury wasn't pleasant. I can pictire him explaining that to a nurse.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Absolutely! I agree!

Larry

Reply to
Larry

I always knew that Tom L. was a great ass!

Reply to
azwiley1

At who?

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

The Idiot. But actually they weren't cheap shot's, they were the truth. Back to sainthood with ya!

Reply to
Roy

Oh, ok... I thought those things I said about you to Denny accidentally went to the newsgroups. :^)

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Yada, yada, I understand that the rabbits machine has hook ups for more than one.

Reply to
Roy

You must have learned a lot from barrel roll with the fancy changing of my words! ;)

Reply to
azwiley1

Well.... you would know. I mean... after all that time you spent with Red and all.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Denny told ya, huh? Never, ever trust a friggin' rabbit!

Reply to
Roy

Perhaps on topic posts should be reformated to [Ping: Tom Lawrence: (subject)] The rest of us can sit back and learn from the great one. Personally, when I see a new thread which is on topic I skip over most of the other's posts and look for his replies, I find it saves time.

Sorry Tom, don't mean to give you a big head.

Reply to
Ed H.

I don't want to hurt snowjobs feelings, but Tom is our resident expert and an old timer here as well.

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

Yea, but I bet you thought that you made a typo when you first read it.

Reply to
TBone

Tom has helped me a couple of times with on the spot info about very specific things on our trucks. Always handy to hear a knowledgable voice describing the exact part in your hand.

Hey Tom, wanna help me put an evaporator core in my truck on Saturday?

Reply to
Max Dodge

Sure... just make sure to have the dash removed before I get there :)

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

take you reciprocating saw along just in case he doesn't have it removed. you can cut a nifty access hole with one of those *grin*

Reply to
Chris Thompson