Water based parts wash

What solution do you use for a water based parts washer? I went to NAPA the other day, and they wanted $120 for five gallons of something.

Can I replace with diesel?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Simple Green

Reply to
Steve W.

I use oderless paint thinner in mine.

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

I have good success with Dawn dishwashing liquid. Warming the solution helps a lot, an immersion heater can do the trick. Suds are not too much of a problem, but if you want any dishwasher detergent will work well (with hot water, of course) though it can be somewhat harsher on the hands.

Reply to
PeterD