WINDING AND TAPPING NOISE

I have a 1999 dodge ram 1500 quad cab 4x4 5.9 . It started to make a winding type noise sounded like power stearing but when I put it in park the noise quits. When I shoft it in to reverce it started to make a winding noise with like a tapping noise than I shift it in to drive the tapping noise quits but the winding noise is still there? ANY ANSWERS WOULD BE APPERATED. THANKS FRUSTRATED DODGE OWNER

Reply to
bambgc

Mr bambgc,

I can fully apperate (sic) your situation with this frustrating problem, and one of our expert staff will be along shortly to assist you. We apperate (sic) you posting your question here.

gator

Reply to
gator

You forgot to have them pick a number and get a cup of day old coffee..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

What is a splinter?? I just found some thing else out about the truck. Now the trans is slipping in Drive and makes a hell of a racket in Reverce. I think it's blowed out now. I just bought it 2 months ago. thanks bambgc

Reply to
bambgc via CarKB.com

Mr bambgc,

A splinter may have got blowed out when you put it in reverce (sic), especially with all that racket. Mr Davis's opinion is always apperated (sic) here, because of his expert standing. Oh, and a splinter is one of several small sharp items that break off from a much larger piece. I never apperate (sic) a splinter in my finger or anywhere for that matter, but one can force the splinter to go in a reverce (sic) direction, and it will come out, but that causes a real racket. Wishing you the best of luck.

thanks,

gator

Reply to
gator

I'll venture a guess - time for a rebuild.

Reply to
NapalmHeart

holy shmoky I am laughin my ace ough! so hard, i may get (sic) !

Reply to
Nza

yeah, that shoft into reverce can be a real BITCH! LOL

Reply to
Nza