1.9 diesel Scudo gone very noiisy

Travelling home, my engine suddenly turned from a very quiet diesel to a rattly one. I called out AA and mechanic said it was probably an electrical fault in engine management and motor had reverted back to a std diesel with knocking and rattling from the left hand side when looking in the bonnet. Took it to main dealer and the mechanic could find nothing wrong ?? But I know it is a lot louder now than it used to be. Any ideas please. ( 12months old & 12K miles)

Reply to
Smudge

Its just happened to our Scudo 1.9 EL and was the steering pump, to check remove belt and run engine it could be that

Mondoux

Reply to
mondoux