Windscreen Wiper Problems

Hi All,

My driver side windscreen wiper stopped all of a sudden yesterday (in what can only be described as a tropical downpour, typical!) and have found that the arm bit that runs from the motor to the wiper bit has come off at the joint with the wiper (Can you tell I'm not a professional car mechanic? :) ).

My local friendly fiat garage have told me they wont be able to fit me in till june the 8th. Is this something that can easily be fixed by getting a part and doing it myself, it all looks a bit complicated in there.

Any help and / or advice would be most welcome.

Dave

Reply to
David Gouge

it depend on what car it is. what car is it?

Reply to
undergraduate-car-mechanic

Oh Damn my brain, sorry, its a 'V' Mk2 Punto 3door ELX.

:O)

Reply to
David Gouge

ive had these where its just a ball join thats poped out and was able too squash it back together with some big pliers. sometimes the linkage brakes and requires replacing, if its under waranty you will have too get it done by the dealer anyway but if not a linkage is easy enough too replace if your handy with the spanner.

Reply to
undergraduate-car-mechanic

Cheers, it is out if warranty and I've got a haynes manual on the way, so I might have a bash myself (It might come to bashing aswell!). Cheers for the advice!

Reply to
David Gouge