fiat punto wont start

hi

im new here and in desperate need of help. Im a 18 year old lad who just bought a 2001 y reg fiat punto elx. Been fine for a month or two.

today after work however it just would not start, all dashboard lights come on, radio, headlights everything, but when i try to start, nothing, not even a cranking noise, also the lights dont dim when trying to start a friend told me this may rule out the battery.

any help much appreciated, bear in mind i know NOTHING about car engines :)

*edit* It was a loose starter moter cable, dont know exactly what that means, its all titened up now!
Reply to
clarky

in article 966982 snipped-for-privacy@autoboardz.com, clarky at snipped-for-privacy@000.com wrote on 25/01/2007 21:25:

I take it your car starts now? Good news ... Hope you enjoy it :)

Paul

1999 FIAT Punto Sporting 16V (Mk1) ... and some SAABs :)

Paul Halliday