Multipla flooding

my multipla is leaking from the sun roof, where are the drain pipes that take the water away, I know that they are supposed to go to the wheel arches but I can't find them - any good ideas

-- Message posted using

information at

toadie

Don't specifically know about the Multipla but there should be a drain hole and hose at each of the front and rear corners of the sunroof tray. Front hoses will most probably run down the windscreen pillars into the A-post area of the car or into the area beneath the windscreen scuttle/engine compartment. Rea hoses again most probably down the rear roof section into that area above the wheel arches an out of the outer floor pan area between rear wheel arch and back bumper.

Open sun roof and with bright torch, or at night, try and inspect sunroof tray front/rear corners. Should be clear of leaves and other debris. Park on slight slope (front up, then rear up) and using a house plant watering can pour about a small glass of water into one side of the open roof area. e.g. with nose up then rear lhs & rear rhs in turn. Inspect under car for emerging water. It is highly unlikely all tow/four holes are blocked so one should get a clue as to where water is supposed to come out.

Failing that you may have to drop the headlining to see the underside of the tray corners. You should then see the hoses and be able to see where they go.

Nick /////

Reply to
Nick /////