Re: Stilo JTD Dynamic 3door hatch

Stilo JTD Dynamic 3door hatch

Has anyone got this model with a towbar fitted ?

If so can you tell me what make the towbar is, and more importantly, has the rear bumper been cut to make room for it ?

My drivers hand book says that the rear bumper should not be cut or drilled any where that will show when the towbar is removed.

2 companies I have contacted say that a towbar cannot be fitted without cutting the rear bumper.

Thank you Mike S

Reply to
Mike Steward

On my Stilo Abarth I had a Witter Towbar fitted. A bumper cut IS required, however the cut is not visible.

If you look at your bumper from underneath then you will find that it has a return flange about 3 or 4 inches deep/long in the horizontal plane. When cut the cut goes just to the edge of this flange without going into the start of the vertical climb.

The clearance is close so a poor fitter could cut too deep and make the edge of the cut visible from the rear.

The towbar I had was a fixed one.

Witter, Brink, Elbe etc. all have fitting instructions / diagrams on their websites. They can be a little cryptic to look at, especially when referring to bumper cutting diagrams.

Nick /////

Reply to
Nick /////

My 5-door JTD Stilo needed a cut in the middle, underneath so it's not visible. I can't see any way of avoiding it.

Another Dave

Reply to
Another Dave