punto 1.2 reliable

hi new to group i am considering buying a year 2000 punto with the 1.2 engine. i see from other sites that the cylinder head gasket is prone to blow and other things seem to generally break. what is the view here

many thanks paul n

Reply to
rother

The headgasket is a weak point in my Punto (first model), dont know if that is the same for the new model....

Reply to
Draak

Reply to
Lion

cylinder head gasket = koppakking Niet dat mijn kennis van Engelse termen voor auto onderdelen zo goed is, maar deze wist ik toevallig :-)

Reply to
Draak

Reply to
Lion

My old Punto (one of the original ones) needed a new head gasket after

110,000 miles but I can't be too upset with that. What I was upset with was that I had to have a new oil sump fitted after 120,000 miles because it had corroded (how can something that swims in oil corrode?)

Regards

Paul Everest snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.CHINESE.com (do a CHINESE takeaway before replying)

many thanks paul n

Reply to