P38 Flashing Air-Con light

Any body ever come accross this problem?

I've got a P38 and the air con seems to stop working after a couple of hours or so. The air comes out of the vents warms and damp like the air-con's been switched off. If I press the air-con off button the light above it flashed five times before it goes steady. I've just had it in for a service at Shardlow Land Rover and they've said they can't find anything wrong with it. Any clues on this one would be greatly appreciated if the weather forcast is right for the weeked!!

Thanks in advance

Marcus

1996 P38 4.6 HSE (on gas - I'm not that rich!) 1959 SII 2.5D (a bit of weekend fun)
Reply to
Marcus

I'm having similar problems, though the flashing aircon light is in the manual and it means that with out aircon it can't keep the temp you've selected.

Jas

Reply to
Jason Dean

Thanks - at least I know what it means - I must have missed it in the manual, I've looked at it enough, funny how I've not seen it!

Still I guess the summer'll be over soon so it might not be such a problem. I'll have to get the SII out - dash mounted vents never get this problem!

Cheers

Marcus

Reply to
GP