Pug 406 Hdi Air Con

I bought a 406 (X reg) in Feb with a years warranty cover. In Sept the air con failed so I took it to the local Pug dealers who regassed same (cost £100). Two weeks later no workee, back to dealer, needs a new compressor, luckily covered by warranty.

It will take 5days to do as parts are exchanged, question is does the job involve the main drive belt in any way. If it does I would prefer to have a new belt.

The dealer has also said that I will be extra for the gas which I feel is a bit suss, after all how can they tell the unit is working if there is no gas in it.

Reply to
corbei

The aux drive belt will indeed be coming off, and it would be no bother at all to fit a new one at the time, infact a good idea.

I would argue that re-gassing and checking for leaks with the new compressor fitted should be part of the warranty work.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

I was more concerned about the main drive belt, would it be involved in the repair and if so would replacing it be a viable option.

My thoughts also and I will argue if any charge is applied.

Thank you for your comments.

Reply to
corbei

Many aftermarket warranties exclude fluids, etc. Check the paperwork.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)