Re: Difference between adjusting actuator & opening bleed valve?

Adjusting the actuator (I assume you mean the one on the wastegate) will change the base boost that you car provides, so if you were to close the bleed valve entirely, this would be the boost you'd get. You are better off just adjusting your bleed valve to get the desired maximum boost as this is not only safer for your engine but easier to do.

I have a 2.0 16v Turbo car with a T3 and -31 actuator and was wondering what > the difference between opening my bleed valve and adjusting my actuator? I > understand about the safe limits of my engine, have a boost gauge and > injector warning light if the ECU can't cope with the fuelling > > > > --- > Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. > Checked by AVG anti-virus system
Paul