Re: stolen fiat barchetta?

Hello,

I assume things in Europe are a little different than in the USA. Here, I believe that it is much more difficult to get a vehicle into another country and reregister it. There is still some car theft here, either for "Joy Rides", or chopping them up for their components.

How did you license and register your car? Didn't they check the serial number on the vehicle at that time?

Are there any international background checks done when you try to reregister a car that was previously registered in another country, or when you apply for a lost title?

Is it possible to alter serial numbers? If so, then you should be able to verify that the number that you have is valid for the type of car that you have? Oh, and also do a background check on the car to see if it was "wrecked".

Good Luck, Clifford

Hi,

I recently bought a second-hand Fiat Barchetta, but now I think it may be a stolen vehicle. Does anyone know where/how I can check this without taking the risk my car being confiscated by the police?

Thanks.

Webbey De Keyser, Belgium

Reply to
Clifford Keele