Seicento immobilized

2001 Seicento SX won't start, the key light symbol on the dash does not come on. It is a second gen immobilizer with only the blue key. The battery is fully charged and I have checked all the fuses.

When I turn the key the diagnostics lights for airbag, engine, fuel light all come on, but the key symbol does not. The fuel pump runs. When I trun the last click, the engine turns but won't fire up. same as being immobilzed.

Any thought, help would be much appreciated.

Cheers Ronnie

Reply to
list

Does the key have a bettery?

Mike

Reply to
Mike

if the code light is not coming on when you first switch on the ignition i would tened too suspect the code ecu being the problem. off the top of my head i cant remember what a code2 ecu looks like or where it is located :( first thing too do is locate the ecu and test for a feed and earth, if thats good then i would probly try for a new ecu.

Reply to
undergraduate-car-mechanic

The blue key does not have a battery as far as Iam aware, just an id chip, I don't see any way to open the key.

The ecu is probably the issue here, but like you I don't know where it is. The battery in the car was flat when I first got it and I put a new battery into it, it started a number of time and I had taken it on a 50 mile journey. I was working on the interior of the car one day and I think some on got into the car and accdentily hit the interior light on, this flattened the new battery. I tried to jump start it, but that failed . When I recharged the battery I still couldn't start it.

Iam wondering if the battery going flat cause the ecu to screw up?? Its strange cause all other checks on the engine work fine.

Fiat are useless at telling me anything about it.

Reply to
list

Op 8-5-2004, heeft list verondersteld :

I was working on the interior of the car one day and I think some

Maybe you can try to disconnect the battery for an hour or so, to reset everything.

Reply to
Draak

im curious how you jump started it, did you use another car or a slave battery?