15x8's on a first gen?

I have access to a set of 15x8 rallys with a 4 inch backset for my 68.can anyone tell me if they will fit and if so what size tire will I need .I dont really feel like trying a bunch of tires to find out they won't fit.Thanks Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Korsvoll

If you have drum brakes on the front, the wheels will hit the spindle arm. 16x8's would work though.

...Ron

--

68' RS Camaro 88' Formula Bird

Some are wise and some are otherwise

Reply to
RSCamaro

"RSCamaro" > If you have drum brakes on the front, the wheels will hit the spindle

spindle arm on a drum brake?

do you mean the bearing spindle inside the drum brake? i'm not to familiar with front drum systems.

--

S.S.I.N.

No the arm coming off the spindle that connects to the outer tie rod. I think the term might be steering arm.

...Ron