1st gen rear suspension lift?

1968 Camaro 327 New springs, shocks, bushings a couple of years ago, monoleaf springs. Wide rear tires rub when car bottoms in dips. Should I get: stock multileaf 2" list multileaf from JC Whitney ??
Reply to
Bruce Porter

SSM (South Side Machine) Lift bars will do the trick for you. In actuality they are traction bars that take the place of the original mounting plates and also bolt to the front of the springs. They will raise the rear up about 3", at least that's what happened for my 68' with monoleafs.

...Ron

--

68'RS Camaro 88'Formula 00'GT Mustang
Reply to

Sounds good. Do you have a picture of your Camaro I could see?

Reply to
Bruce Porter

I'll see what I can do. I'll reply back in this post which auto picture group you can view the pics.

...Ron

--

68'RS Camaro 88'Formula 00'GT Mustang
Reply to
RSCamaro

There's one pic that I got to post in the alt.binaries.pictures.autos group. I tried for a before and after pic but find that I'm too stupid to make my news reader work correctly more than once a day.

Look for SSM lift bars as the post.

...Ron

--

68'RS Camaro 88'Formula 00'GT Mustang
Reply to
RSCamaro

Ron, you can always put pics online on a photo site, like Yahoo photos or Ofoto.com, then put the link on this ng. I'd like to see the car too! We just went to World of Wheels in Minneapolis today, so I good dose of classic cars!

Terry M.

Reply to
Terry

I appreciate the interest but the car is far from being ready to show to the people. I've been threatening myself to update my web page but haven't made the time to do it for a couple of years now. Here's the link to my site. The car is in much different shape than the pictures on the site show. Since that time I've replaced the all of the rear sheet metal and other stuff.

...Ron

--

68'RS Camaro 88'Formula 00'GT Mustang
Reply to
RSCamaro

well i think its a great looking car no matter what, well done Ron and good luck on the rest.

Bruce

Reply to
BarracudaDesigns

Aww shucks, I , I don't, know...

Thank you.

...Ron

--

68'RS Camaro 88'Formula 00'GT Mustang
Reply to
RSCamaro

I also like looking at a project car in progress...it's a good way to learn restoration, and it's also encouraging that other people are going through the same things I am...looks good Ron!

Terry M.

Reply to
Terry