Got lift, need tires !

Just put in a 2" lift (springs,shocks) on my '02 TJ. My next job is to get some new tires for my canyon wheels(15) which I want to keep. I know I can get the 31x10.5, but I'm wondering if I can get away with the 32x11.5. I'm looking at either the BF Goodrich AT or the Wrangler MTRs. Will the 32s rub even with the lift?

Reply to
Phinz

David C. Moller

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, David C. Moller from was injured because:

| Personally, I think you'd be fine with 32's. But, I think the | 11.5 width is going to get ya with the OEM wheels. Even with a | 10.5 width I had to adjust the steering stops to prevent | rubbing, and lost some turning radius. | | Dave |

| | On Sun, 09 May 2004 20:21:34 GMT, "Phinz"

| wrote: | || Just put in a 2" lift (springs,shocks) on my '02 TJ. My next || job is to get some new tires for my canyon wheels(15) which I || want to keep. I know I can get the 31x10.5, but I'm wondering || if I can get away with the 32x11.5. I'm looking at either the || BF Goodrich AT or the Wrangler MTRs. Will the 32s rub even || with the lift?

You would do yourself a favor if you bought appropriate rims...unless you drive only in straight lines, or want the turning radius of a semi, dont put tires that wide on rims with the stock offset.

Reply to
Joseph P
32's will fit but will rub on sharp u turns

-- Jarod Sprauer

281-807-JEEP (5337)
Reply to
IsellJeeps!

would they rub with 8" wheels and say 4" backspace in turns?

How do you find what the offset is?

Reply to
Intergate

Reply to