2008 camaro

The new mustang i would buy.I would put my money down today for the challenger concept.But the camaro concept i would really have to think about.It kinda looks like a cobalt on steriods.The biggest part is the rear quarter look chopped off. This car needs a little more work.I think GM is trying once again to apeal to too many people and appealing to none.

Reply to
today

Daimler-Chrysler has a proven track record of taking concept cars to market and doing well. Ford failed with the T-Bird but has been very successful with the new Mustang. Chevy (GM in general) has always consistently and spectacularly failed in doing the same thing. They somehow seem to be completely out of touch with reality. They "allow" or sneak out photos of a new Camaro every few months and none of them look like something I would want. They shot themselves in the foot by killing both the F-Bodies rather than just killing one and keeping the market share they had by keeping the one left. When (not if) the new Challenger comes out, there will be only two cars fighting for that market. Ford guys are fiercely loyal to Ford so the market for the Challenger will be basically, everyone else that used to love the General or the Pentastar.

/just my .02

Reply to
FBR

Yep I agree, seeing that new camaro makes me sick. It s a joke to put the camaro or even firebird badging on that car. Similar to what they did to the GTO in my opinion.

Reply to
BarracudaDesigns

In my opinion, they have yet to revive a car that is anywhere near what the car was when it was killed in terms of size, style, looks, performance, etc. If they are stupid enough to kill it.. then rest in peace.

-Geno

Reply to
KITTvsKARR
1) It will be a Model Year 2009 Camaro

2) I like the mustang. Alot. I currently own a Fox GT and an LS1 Z-28. Would not give either up right now.

That said, I'd buy this Camaro in a second over the Mustang GT. Period. Independent rear? LS2 motor? Mustang GT price? This car (if GM doesn't go bankrupt first) looks FANTASTIC and will be AWESOME.

It appeals to ME (a current F-body owner and potential future one) perfectly!

today wrote:

Reply to
Jimmy

I like the new Camaro in a concept kind of way, but I hope it can really match the Mustang GT's prices. According to Edmunds, the GT starts at ~$25k with the premium still being under $30k...

I'll be trading up my Civic (pics taken 6 months ago)...

...for a new GT soon enough, after my wife gets a new VUE (our first GM).

But a new retro of this would sure be sweet...

The Challenger looks sweet too, IMO.

I love these new retro cars, while Honda is doing weird stuff like this...

at the interior pics) Yuck.

A big "Hello!" to anybody who remembers me. It's been a while.

Reply to
Mark Gonzales

Reply to
susp

Lets see some pics....

Reply to
Camaro Cowboy

They've been all over the net. Do a search for concept Camaro or Detroit auto show, or the aftermarket auto show. Here's a link to the NY auto show. Look at the pony cars tab, there is a short mpeg about them from the Detroit show.

...Ron

--

68'RS Camaro 88'Formula 00'GT Mustang
Reply to