301 hop up options

Even if he had a Turbo, those mods would not make up 215 HP. Even with the waste gate wide open, and a larger volume turbo on it.

It's the internet where HP figures tripple when you log on, and your johnson grows larger then peter north's. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

Sheeznitz ifizakan get that kinda power out of a 301, Ill buy another

79 Buick Lesabra 2 douur. Ill find a odd bal mid-70's Chevelle/malibu classic set of gears that is numarically lower then 2.73 (such as 2.64), put a 4L80 behind that "Bad Ladd" 301, and cruise down the highway In Style at 160 MPH while getting 25 MPG, Homey'z.

Charles (Ya'll know when I start postin in eubonics, aint none of that post ever gonna happen)

Reply to
Charles Bendig

"If I can get the same power out of a 301 for a lot less money I'm giving my 455 away and building a 301."

When you do.. I'll be there waiting to take it off your hands..

-Geno

Reply to
KITTvsKARR

Well maybe its your american air, hmmmm time for me to haul azzzzz outta canada so I can get me a 301 with new plugs and go racing for pinks. The racers will never know what hit'em

Bruce

Reply to
BarracudaDesigns

and hey, don't forget - the 301 is a lot lighter than your 455, so you're gonna pick up another second right there. I've got a 500hp stock

301 that just needs a bit of work (it's blowed up), and I'll take your slow 455 in trade. ;)

Ray

Reply to
ray

LMAO... You guys are killin' me.!!! :-) How many horses do I get added to my 200hp stock camaro with racing stripes and a wax job.???

Reply to
Z24PODS says... "Click Here

Hey, Bob, your quote "no replacement like displacement " may be the simplest solution here. IIRC the 301 mounts will accept the Pontiac 350, 400, and probably even the 455 (I've done all except the 455, as I did a lot of diesel to gas conversions; plus Firebird v-6-to-v8 conversions), they would be a bolt-in replacement. Plus, if you go the 400 or 455 route, many came with 400 TH trans. All power accessories would be simple to move over too. Luck to you, & enjoy your ride! s

Reply to
sdlomi2