'79 T/A intake manifold mods

I want to block off the exhaust crossover runner that runs under the base of the carb on the stock cast iron intake manifold on my 403 Olds. Other than buying new intake manifold gaskets for manifolds without the crossover, is there an effective means of closing the runner off completely?? Any suggestions would be appreciated. ~dana

Reply to
Dana George

I would say not.

...Ron

--

68'RS Camaro 88'Formula 00'GT Mustang
Reply to

IIRC the gasget sets i used on small block Chevies had a little piece of tin plate that clipped in place over the gasket. They had a small hole in the about 10 - 12 mm dia so some heat could transfer to the carb base and you could block off either or both ports.

I think a new set of gasgets would probably be in order anyway although you could try and reuse them & silicone a piece of tin over the ports to hold it in place. That won't cost you anything but a bit of time.

HTH

Reply to
Terminal Crazy

I think Mondello or some restoration outfit sells some sort of metal alloy you heat up & pour into that passageway.

The information you need can be found in this faq document on 442 dot com.

Junqueboi