Water lead under intake manifold 97 Bird 4.6

Replaced stock intake with Dorman 4 years ago and have had no problems. Suddenly I have a water leak.

When I did the manifold change I left the hose in place (see arrow in picture) and at first I thought that decision came back to bite me but now I see the leak is from further back and out of view.

Comes out pretty good (covers the bottom of the galley shown in picture) but I can't find the source. There are two manifold to block water passages at the back end of the manifold and I wonder, do these manifolds with their built in o-ring type seals ever blow one. If so, can you get replacements? Got the manifold from Northern Auto Parts.

Also wondering if the pipe to the hose could have maybe rotted out at some point. Thinking I'll have to remove the manifold but any help in diagnosing beforehand would be greatly appreciated. Especially if it saved me from having to R&R the manifold.

Frank

F.H.

If anyone is interested it turned out that there was a nice round hole of about 1/16th inch in the pipe in a place where there appears to have once been a bracket that was spot welded to the pipe. The picture (not my engine) shows a bracket in about the place (but on the other side) were the pin hole was. No idea what happened to the bracket. Replaced the pipe with hose with an extra hose clamp on each end. This is the bottom side of the pipe, the hole is right at the end where I cut it off.

F.H.