351 Edelbrock intake manifold fit on a 69 302

Hi Everyone:

Would a 351 windsor Edelbrock intake manifold fit on a 69 mustang

302? I have ask around and I'm getting conflick info. I thought maybe some of you has had experience with this.

Thanking you in advance for your response.

Don

Reply to
waterboy

The dimensions are different on these blocks and the lower intakes (or intakes on carbed models) are not interchangeable.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

No. It's too wide.

But I know where there's a factory 1970 302 4 bbl cast iron intake that will bolt right on. But it will set you back $2000(includes the entire running engine carb-to-pan).

I have a factory 1973 302 4 bbl cast iron intake on my 73 Mustang, but you can't have it. I'm using it.

There are economical aluminum manifolds available for carbys & FI.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

NO, different dimensions...

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

Ah, Rob,

You better check your casting numbers, that is a '68 302 intake, Ford DID NOT make a 1973 cast iron 4 barrel intake manifold...

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

Sure they did. I've got one, I've seen others. You just have to know where to look...

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

Not in the US, post a picture of the casting number...

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

So what model a year US Ford is that?

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

They are all 4 1973 Ford 302 4 bbl Mustangs. The last one is mine. All with cast iron intakes. The casting on mine is a D2J.

Rob

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

Windsor built engines, Dearborn final assembly, installed in Orlando, FL.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

You are talking about a boat anchor, er motor, not a Ford car engine option. Besides your own information says it is a Holman Moody 302. As I said Ford only produced the cast iron 4 bbl 302 intake manifold for one model year, 1968.

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

One of those is a Holman Moody conversion, but it started out as a 1973 Ford cast iron 4 bbl 302, as did the others.

Your statement "Ford only produced the cast iron 4 bbl 302 intake manifold for one model year, 1968" is in error.

Ford made DxJ(x being various digits) cast iron 4 bbl 302 intakes for years into the 1980's.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

ROFL! I knew what was coming with the "you just got to know where to look"...

Reply to
WindsorFox

Dude, suck it up, you are wrong. I realized you were wrong right before he posted the pictures.

Reply to
WindsorFox

no, but i have a nice edlebrock performer rpm aluminum intake that you can have for 100.00 very nice cond. glass bead finish. also have302 ford aluminum manifold,rare. you can have that one for 250.00 tom s

Reply to
Tom

This is a car group, not a boat group. No US Ford car was produced with a factory 4bbl 302 intake in 1973.

Grow up

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

Once again you REEEEAlly need to take your own advice.

Reply to
WindsorFox

Shut up

Reply to