89 2.8 auto fan relay problem

That relay worked fine for just two days, Store where I bought it exchanged it for the new one- didn't work at all. Now I got the third one and doesn't work either. So something must be wrong with electrical system. I checked all fuses - OK. If I connect D with A on a male part of a relay fan works. Can anybody tell me where is a problem?? Thanks Gregory

Reply to
Gregory

It sound's like the sensor is shot Greg. Either that, or the electric fan motor went bad.....

Ground the black wire (from the fan harness) to a good ground, then place the red wire (from the fan harness) on the positive terminal of the battery..... did the fan go on?

If not, it's the sensor (I forget where their placed on the 2.8's.... either on the side of one of the heads, or the intake).

(It might even be that the harness leading to the coolant sensor, for the fan relay, is simply not hooked up... you never know with these older cars, as the wiring is usually all over the place for the 2nd and

3rd owners). :)))

Take care....

Reply to
IROC-Z 502

When I stated to ground the wiring from the fan, I meant to run it on constant.... as this doesn't affect the overall performance one bit, and the ECU won't know the difference anyways. :))

But it definitely sounds like the Fan sensor....

Take Care

Reply to
IROC-Z 502