89 Camaro 305 injectors

Hello;

89 Camaro wont start. The injectors only fir when the battery voltage gets low enought to NOT spin the engine - Then they start firing! ???

Put booster cables or a good battery in car and they quite firing until the voltage is too low to start the engine.

Just replaced the steering column, bucuase an idea broke into it and ruined the column trying to steal this babe!

Ran great before he busted column. I have remote start switch on starter so I can watch the injectors,etc.

Wont turnover with the ignition key.....

Ideas?

Please email me at snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

son needs to use my car....

Reply to
partsmore

Google "Passkey" to repair this. The anti-theft feature is preventing the car from starting. Take off the remote start. When the engine will spin over without it, the car will run.

Reply to
Andy Warren

Your not getting injector pulse from the coil. Get a factory service manuial and diagnose from there. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

-- AN idiot BROKE INTO it... --- sorry,

Thank you for your ideas - will check out both suggestions. The coil idea makes me think that I am getting voltage from only one of either the primary or seconady windings? We have all kinds of spark under both circumstances - but pretty sure the coil has to feed the injectors!

Thank you for your time and suggestions - Will advise what happens.

THANK YOU

Reply to
partsmore

Here is how it works. The distributor shaft has a set of magnets on it, the housing has a matching set. The magnets are pick-ups. They send a signal to the coil, which sends a signal to the injectors to pulse.

Usually only low voltage pulse means the coil or distributor signal is not being recived properly.

Your best bet is a factory service manuial with the 1989 wiring diagrams. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

Andy, unhooked the remote start- the car turns over - and battery is charged up - but it only fires when battery gets weak enough to ALMOST start the cat - then it fires??????

Reply to
partsmore

Reply to
Andy Warren